Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here We Go


Hello My Friends!

This is a new blog all for the sole purpose of sharing my experiences of trying to get to Sydney, Australia to attend Hillsong International Leadership College for worship.  I'm excited to share my fun and not so fun experiences! 

The plan is to actually make it to Australia Juanuary 2012. Over 10 months away. But I know that this time will go by quickly as I prepare financially, mentally, and spiritually for this adventure.  It is my hope that by reading this blog you'll experience with me how good God is.  As well as have incentive to cover my journey in prayer! I know God's going to do some crazy things in my life through this experience.  How do I know? Glad you asked!!

Let me share with you where it all started.  

The end of my freshman year of high school—way back in 2005—I went on a rafting trip with who would become one of my greatest friends EVER, Megan Hall.  While I barely remember what happened on that trip, there was a conversation that took place one morning: one of those conversations that “marks time.”  Megan and I were sitting on the river bank; the sun was bright and warm and the river was reflecting the sunrays.  Megan asked me about my dream.  If I could do anything in the world, no restrictions, no boundaries, what would I do?  I had never really thought about my “dream” until that moment.  I’ll never forget the conversation that flowed throughout the rest of the morning.

Megan revealed her heart for mission work and Uganda, Africa (Which by the way she made it there last year for a study abroad program.  I know God rocked her socks! And I know she’s going back.).  I, in turn, shared my passion for music and worship.  And how God had planted this dream of leading thousands in worship.  I also shared how I loved Australia and how inspired I was by Hillsong United.

Now here we go!

Applied to Hillsong International Leadership College and I’m 99% positive I’ll be there.  Now it’s just making sure that I follow God’s lead.  Moving to Sydney is going to be rough and expensive.  An estimated $20,000 is needed for the entire school year (tuition, plane ticket, room and board, cell phone, etc.).  And while I’ll be working my butt off this summer, I know God’s going to have to provide big time.

I’m so excited to share this step of faith with you!! And by you reading this blog, it shows me that you care and are praying for me.  The goal is to have updates bi-monthly so I can keep all who are supporting me informed. 

Hope you stay tuned!! And I can’t wait for God to rock my socks! And serve me huge helpings of humble pie...

So yeah…here we go!
                                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Jessica!

    I'm so excited to hear/read/experience your journey with you these next few months!!

    You my friend are an awesome lady that is going to rock thousands with her passion for God!!

    ReplyDelete