Tuesday, November 29, 2011

God Provides

It's amazing what God does when you simply ask of Him.


God's faithfulness is never ending; in the past two months God has repeatedly shown me His consistency and grace....
 It drives me crazy because I already know that God loves to answer our prayers.  He LOVES to provide for His children:


Matthew 7:7-8 7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." (ESV)


Our God is a God of power and provision.  


I have been going through the Gospel of Mark and a scripture that has captured what I feel my months of serving at Hope Community Church have been about:


Mark 11:23-25 22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” (NLT)


Ask.  Pray.  Trust.  Forgive.  Repeat.  


And I'm not simply talking God giving you money...God blessing your ministry...God increasing your numbers (which can all be good things); for me personally, God has been showing me His faithfulness when I depend on His power.  In the past two months, God has taught me not to pray for increase in my own talents, abilities, persona, or charisma, but to really increase my dependence on Him.  And through that dependence on Him does anything happen.   Because really, when is it ever about me? It has always been about Him.  


So while I'll continue to ask God to provide financially, to increase my abilities in music, to deepen my love for others, and stretch out my influence...it's really my dependence on Him that impacts all of the above.  By His power and His provision alone.  My journey to Sydney, Australia is a result of God's faithfulness.  And I am so thankful!  


In less than two months my classes at Hillsong International Leadership College will start and God has provided each and every step of the way. I look forward to see what God does when we ask, pray, trust and forgive.  Thank you for praying on my behalf.  Your prayers are SO felt!  
Hope Community Church. University Place, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment