Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Packed and Ready

I have a confession to make...

... I have been putting off writing this post.  I put it off because once I start writing this sucker I know that I must finally admit I'm leaving.  Leaving family, friends, and comfort. BUT! I'm so excited at the same time!! A new adventure is merely two days away...



My two suitcases are packed! One under 50lbs and one under 70lbs -- an amazing feat for a 21 year old lady who loves her clothes and shoes!!! It wasn't an easy, that is for sure.  I am still trying to figure out how I'm going to lug around two big suitcases, a guitar, and my personal bag around the airport by myself...

I actually have a real confession to make....I'm way more scared than I had anticipated.  Seeing my bags packed and my closet emptied is nerve wracking.  My prayer time has consisted less of, "God, please give me awesome roommates!" to more of, "Lord, help me not to cry the whole fifteen hour plane ride."

What am I scared of?

Scared of Sydney? Not really.  Scared of not making friends? Not at all.  Scared of 90 degree weather.  Maybe a little.  Scared of failure? Probably.  Scared that God will place me flat on my face? Completely.

Humility is a weak spot for me.  I love to be "right."  I love to be in control.  Whoops. But I know in this season God is calling me to not be in control; to not be the "right" one.  Complete surrender.  That is why I'm leaving for Sydney, Australia for Hillsong International Leadership College in two days.  God has put a calling on my life and I'm following, wherever He leads.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 "It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us, 22 and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us." (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment