Sunday, February 12, 2012

Intense

Wow! Just finished my first week of real classes after a full week of "intensives." Intensives being almost 8 hours of lectures each day for three days!  I'll tell you, it's been a busy and intense two weeks.  God has already revealed so much to me and it's only going to get bigger and better and harder.

Here are some quotes from amazing men and women of God who taught and preached the Word here at Hillsong:

"Kingdoms are extended, destroyed, and maintained through language." -Robert Furgeson

"Your tongue describes the position of your heart." -Robert Furgeson

Hillsong College Chapel
"Here at Hillsong, we're not looking for clones or cookie cutouts..." -Tracy Barrell

"If you're not glad...you're serving something else [not God]." (pertaining to serving in your local church) -Catrina Henderson

"When Christians do church together they ought to see God." -Duncan Corby

"Your value cannot be determined by your gifting, your value is established in Christ." -Duncan Corby

"It's far better to finish things when people still want more than to finish 10 minutes later than they had hoped." -Duncan Corby

"What if we looked at people like they were just one step away from Jesus?"-Lee Burn

"If you're not gripped by the cause, nothing will change." -Lee Burn

"Jesus didn't do away with the law.  He fulfilled it." -Catrina Henderson

"Live your life in a way that favor loves you." -Brian Houston

"Favor is not the absence of challenges." -Brian Houston


"A family. A body. A house."
Of course that is the tiniest snap shot into two weeks packed with amazing teachings.  Even more so, not only did we have intensives we also got to be a part of Vision Night at Hillsong! Hearing and seeing Brian and Bobbie's vision for the church that impacts the world was incredible.  Home.  That's the 2012 vision for Hillsong Church across the globe; to be a place where anyone can walk in the doors and feel at home in Jesus Christ.


God is teaching me so much and softening my heart in ways I couldn't have imagined! And it's only 4 weeks into being here! Wow. God is good. Thank you for all your support and love.

I haven't found a job yet...though I've applied to several places and I'm still on the hunt. Please be praying that I find one soon! Learning to trust the Lord in my finances. And learning to stay strict to my budget. What up?!

I've been to the beach once and I'm still making incredible friends! God's doing great things while I'm here.  Be praying for Sean Welch as he's serving a year in Haiti. So proud of that man! Thanks for all the love and support and prayers. I so feel them!!


Love,
Jessica


Myself, Caro, and Allie
Maroubra Beach


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an incredible experience! I'm pretty jealous. haha. (: I hope everything continues to go well and God continues to bless you! love you sis!

    ReplyDelete